BURNHAM AREA YOUTH CENTRE STANDARD CONDITIONS OF HIRE
Issue 1 - Nov 2013
(If the Hirer is in any doubt as to the meaning of the following the Booking Clerk should immediately be consulted.)
For the purposes of these conditions, the term HIRER shall mean an individual hirer or, where the hirer is an organization, the authorized representative.
1. The HIRER will, during the period of the hiring, be responsible for supervision of the premises, the fabric and the contents, their care, safety from damage however slight or change of any sort and the behavior of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity, including proper supervision of car parking arrangements.
2. THE HIRER shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the hiring agreement and shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way nor do anything or bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the same or render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof nor allow the consumption of alcoholic liquor thereon without written permission.
3. THE HIRER shall be responsible for obtaining such licenses as may be needed from the Performing Rights Society, from Phonographic Performance Ltd. Or otherwise and for the observance of the same.
4. THE HIRER shall ensure that nothing is done on or in relation to the premises in contravention of the law relating to gambling, betting and lotteries.
5. THE HIRER shall comply with all conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by the Fire Authority, Local Authority, the Local Magistrates' Court or otherwise, particularly in connection with any event which includes public dancing or music or other similar public entertainment or stage plays.
6. THE HIRER shall, if preparing, serving or selling food, observe all relevant food health and hygiene legislation and regulations.
7. THE HIRER shall ensure that any electrical appliances brought by him to the premises and used there shall be safe and in good working order, and used in a safe manner.
8. THE HIRER shall indemnify the Committee for the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the property including the curtailage thereof or the contents of the buildings which may occur during the period of the hiring as a result of the hiring.
9. If THE HIRER wishes to cancel the booking before the date of the event and the Committee is unable to conclude a replacement booking, the question of the payment or the repayment of the fee shall be at the discretion of the Committee. At least two months' notice should be given prior to any cancellation of a booking.
10. THE HIRER shall ensure that they have appropriate insurance to cover the activities undertaken and the personnel involved.
11. THE COMMITTEE reserves the right to cancel this hiring.
12. IN THE EVENT of the hall or any part thereof being rendered unfit for the use for which it has been hired, the COMMITTEE shall not be liable to the HIRER for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever.
13. THE HIRER shall ensure that any activities for children under eight years of age comply with the provisions of the Children Act 1989 and that only fit and proper persons have access to the children.
14. THE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE does not take any responsibility for property brought in or left on these premises.
15. No dogs or other animals shall be allowed into the Hall without permission.
16. THE HIRER must ensure that the minimum of noise is made on arrival or departure and that no aspect of their activity offends or causes annoyance to local residents, or future users.
17. At the end of the period of hire, the HIRER must ensure that the premises are left in a clean and tidy state, properly locked and secured (unless otherwise instructed) and any items moved restored to their proper positions. In general it is expected that the Hall shall be left in the same state as they would expect to find it at the start of hire otherwise the Committee shall be at liberty to make an additional charge.
18. Long-term Hirers are responsible for any key(s) they may hold, and are liable for the cost of replacement in the event of loss. They key(s) shall be returned to the Booking Secretary on request.
19. THE HIRER shall be aware of and comply with any policies and procedures that the Management Committee may from time to time have in place.
20. THE HIRER shall ensure that they are familiar with any safety and security procedures.
21. Sanctions may be applied in the event of failure to comply with any of these conditions.